Share your iPhone 6 Unlock site and duration

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DiEg0, Feb 8, 2015.

1. DiEg0 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have been searching on this site for specific useful information regarding iPhone unlock and I found a few but they are all over the forums and difficult to find.

Can you please share your experience with these information?

• Carrier and 6 or 6 plus
    • Unlock service you used and amount you paid (Samsunlock, unlockallcellulars, etc...)
    • Time it took to unlock

This way, other people can see which unlock service is reliable and aware of those scam websites/services.

Let me start with mine

• AT&T 6 Plus
    • unlockallcellular.com for $129.99
    • Still unlocking and it is 7th day at the time I post this

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Just curious. Is your post directed at users that live outside the United States?

I ask because for most Americans it's a simple matter of calling their carrier and asking for an unlock. $0.

3. DiEg0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone, everywhere as long as you are on earth.

As far as I know, its not always free in US as well. Let's say if you are under contract or something, they don't always unlock free for you. Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

First off, why would you unlock your phone for that price? Second why are you unlocking your phone. Third, if you wanted to unlock it to use with other carriers, verizon phones are unlocked by default. Fourth, again that price and wait time seem very fishy. I would have just payed the early termination fee so I wouldn't have to worry about paying two service bills (if you plan on using another carrier) or get a better price on my plan (ex. T-mobile).

----------

You are right, expect for Verizon LTE phones, which by law must be unlocked as per the terms of the spectrum they bought.

5. Allthings-I macrumors 6502

I have come across information that some Verizon iPhone 6/6+ devices have a particular activation policy assigned that only unlocks them against domestic use and not international use. I'm doing my own research into this, just need a device on hand to confirm it as no one is believing me.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

That information that you came across is wrong. Or possibly you came across old information about how for the 4S and other pre LTE world phones they would only unlock them for international use.

7. DiEg0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lolz... This is really going off topic. All I meant for this post is for people to share their experience. Not to question about why.

There are many people unlocking by using unlocking service for many reasons.

If I must answer your questions,

• I am not from US. I'm from Thailand.
    • Why buy AT&T locked phone? Because I bought it from my friend from US and it is much cheaper even after paying for unlock fee.
    • Why I pay this much? Because I use unlockallcellular service since 2011 for many different phones and they always get this done. Except in this case. They mentioned for 5 days and it is 7th days already.

8. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You should try to get your money back from the site and see if the friend you bought it from can get AT&T to unlock it for you.

10. DiEg0 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have contact with the site and they always reply my email nicely. If they don't unlock by tomorrow, I will request for refund as they cannot unlock as they said on their website.

My friend already tried to unlock for me before selling off. AT&T rejected all requests due to he is very new to contract they said. He tried many times so that he will be able to sell it off with more expensive price but all failed.

11. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

12. DiEg0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks scjr. He already tried three times there and all rejected. Should we try more?

13. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

Sure. It's worth a shot.

There are folks in this thread that have tried multiple times and finally received the unlock approval: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1837666

14. cousintim macrumors 6502

cousintim

15. Allthings-I macrumors 6502

I don't want to lead this thread off topic but the information is 100% accurate and is only regarding 6/6+, I will make and post a video hopefully soon once I can or someone I know that has phones with both policies assigned and is reachable in person.

16. psywzrd macrumors 68030

How did you get AT&T to unlock your iphone 6?

17. TSKY74 macrumors regular

TSKY74

1st phone:
    Unlocked by AT&T
    Within 6 hrs from request

2nd phone:
    Unlocked by AT&T
    Within 2 hrs from request

*both phones under 2 yr contract.

18. psywzrd macrumors 68030

How did you do this?

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

He's probably an AT&T customer.

I would assume he picked up a phone somewhere, called AT&T and asked them to unlock his phones.

20. psywzrd macrumors 68030

They don't just unlock your phones for you when you're under contract though.

21. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Nevermind, I went back and reread his post. You are correct.

22. cousintim macrumors 6502

cousintim

I submitted my request through the AT&T unlock portal. I immediately received an email verification link. I clicked it and immediately received the unlock confirmation.

23. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Wow - lucky! Are you under contract?

24. cousintim macrumors 6502

cousintim

Yes, at the time of my request in December, I was three months into a two-year contract.

25. TSKY74, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015

TSKY74 macrumors regular

TSKY74

I'm currently an AT&T customer since 2009. Got my phone at launch in September. I saw another post on this forum about requesting unlock from AT&T via their online unlocking system and they were granting unlock requests. So I figured I'd give it shot. They unlocked without hassle. Some people are being rejected & some are getting theirs unlocked. May want to give it a shot. Can't beat FREE..

Found the thread name (not sure how to hyperlink thread):
    Unlock your AT&T Next Device or Device still in contract for FREE (YMMV)