Share your iPhone4 disappointment...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KalashniKEV, Jun 24, 2010.

1. KalashniKEV macrumors member

I was a walk-in...

Today is my 29th birthday. I waited for 7 hours from 0830-1530 and I'm burned to a crisp, and seriously disappointed!

I called AT&T last night and they said I could get the upgrade for $200. When I finally got in the store they said I wasn't eligible and charged me $400... my contract is a year old and I have since found out Apple was correct. When I renewed my unlimted data plan I inquired if my discount would still apply... the girl said, "No, that's on AT&T and you will need to next go to the AT&T store and get the discount back on this new contract."

WTF?

Now after I transfer my apps (I never connect the phone to the computer) I go and update to IOS4... which essentially turns my old phone into a lower res version of the new phone.

Did I mention I completely don't care about FaceTime?

If I paid $200 and wasted my day, I would be disappointed. Since I paid $400 I think I will attempt to return the phone tomorrow.

Do you think they will still take it back if I give it the weekend???

When she said $400 I almost bought an iPad instead (must have been the dehydration!) but now I really wish I did!!!

2. pwb2103 macrumors member

Sorry to hear your experience was so bad. I waited 9 hours only to have to leave for work empty handed. Ridiculous letting 1 walk in for every 20 reservation in. so that sucked too.

More importantly you should have 30 days to return it, and if things really do stay this crazy and you really don't want it you could always just try to sell it on e-bay/craigslist at a premium. People are trying to get $1000 so even if you undercut those and sell it for $800 at least you come away with a profit....

Personally I still want to get an iPhone 4 for the better camera, faster processor, more ram, nicer screen, and better battery life.... so I think you are making the right decision to sit and think about it for a few days.

so, yeah, happy birthday

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Sorry, dude, but Happy Birthday!

Go out and have some fun.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Unless your line is at least $100 a month, can anyone realistically believe they'd be eligible for the full subsidized price of $199 (or $299) after only a year, even if at&t says so?

5. KalashniKEV thread starter macrumors member

DAMN, dude!!! That sucks...

I didn't know that was possible... HMMMM...

6. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Return your phone ASAP. Get a Blackberry or Evo. In fact, all the folks complaining about spotting, reception, etc. should just return the phone and get something else that has fewer or no flaws.

No one has shoved this iPhone down your throat.

I'll keep mine. Thanks.

7. TexMan macrumors newbie

I have pictures assigned to most of my contacts but they no longer show up on calls. Is there a new setting im missing?

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I was, and I pay less than $100/year.

9. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I'm a little upset about the reception as I am left-handed, but the rest is fantastic.

10. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

I was? My bill is $89 and change w/ tax (lowest plan with unlimited data). I bought my 3GS launch day last year and was eligible this year for the $299 32GB model. I received my phone Wednesday after having gotten through for pre-orders.

I've been with ATT for three years now. Two years on the original iphone, skipped the 3G, had the 3GS for one year, now I'm on the 4 model. I think other factors like loyalty and payment history (possibly credit rating?) come into play. I'd have to agree I certainly haven't been 'loyal' for the longest time although by todays standards 3 years might be an eternity.

To the OP: Sorry about your day! Return it and buy something you really want or keep the money. You should be fine if you return it soon. I think the cut off is 15 days? Not totally sure though.

11. KalashniKEV thread starter macrumors member

JayLenochiniMac,

"Realistically" I think you're totally off...

Hahahha... whoa!!

Are you the real Steve Jobz?

Don't get all butt-hurt over it...

Yeah, I actually feel like a jerk returning it just b/c I don't like it. I hate people that return things...

In fact, this will be the first thing that I ever returned in my entire life... unless it blows me away this weekend. I think Monday would be a reasonable time frame to keep or discard. I guess my contract with AT&T just got renewed though...

12. SpartanTX117 macrumors newbie

Well I was supposed to get my phone on the 23rd. Spent 12 hours trying to pre order like a lot of people on here. Finally pre ordered so I cancelled my reserve.

Take off the 23rd since I had someone for today but not the 23rd. Wake up check my tracking statues WTF it shows it is in New York, New York, I am in Texas. Spend all day the 23rd calling Apple and Fed Ex all the say is "oh its a mistake we are 100% sure you will have it today" so I wait... About 3:30 I get pissed off call Apple again and find out it isn't a mistake it is in New York Fed Ex or Apple ( they are blaming each other) say a extra barcode scanner with NY got put on the box.

Fight with both of them for hours finally I am told it will be on a overnight flight to Dallas I will have it today the 24th... Well wake up this morning look at my status it is in New Jersey. I call both Apple and Fed ex again oh no its in Memphis but well "you wont have it today" someone in New York didn't read the instructions and made it a 2 day delivery instead of overnight.

Fight with Apple and Fed Ex (because once again its no ones fault)on the phone for another 3 hours and well all they say is sorry and heres a bumper a dock and a 100 dollars off a 300 dollar purchase coupon... Better then nothing I guess but they could have made one available to me at a Apple Store or something... Oh Fed Ex did offer me a 20 dollar gift card at which I laughed because I will never by choice use Fed Ex again....

Hopefully I will have it tomorrow but I am not getting my hopes up at all....

13. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

Happy Bday to OP!

But...

PPL get what they deserve. Why would you waste 9 hrs of your birthday for a phone?! That's awful!

Can't you...

1. Pre-order it on day 1.
    2. If you could not pre order then can't you just wait for 2-3 weeks to get it delivered to your house.

Ppl take silly steps and then start whining! :rolleyes:

14. chdwil macrumors regular

I was.

15. KalashniKEV thread starter macrumors member

Acknowledge all that. I just thought it would suck less. I'm also a bit annoyed b/c my right ear is all crispy and about to snap off.

I guess I have 14 days and they're going to hit me with a 10% restocking fee. I suppose I'll use it all day tomorrow to see if it does anything better, and if not try to turn it in Sat- that way if I get hit with the fee I can still sell closer to $400 while the hype is up.

16. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

17. KalashniKEV thread starter macrumors member

I was just having a birthday call when the "left corner thing" happened to me!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: