Carrier Share your T-Mobile Band 12 Experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nj1266, Dec 4, 2015.

1. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

I am thinking of upgrading to an iPhone 6s Plus from my current iPhone 6. I am on the T-Mobile network. My coverage at home and at work is poor, but I have WiFi access so it is not a big deal. If you are on the T-Mobile network and upgraded to an iPhone 6s/6s+, can you please share your experience with improved coverage or lack thereof. I know it will differ by area, but I just ant to get a general idea whether it is worth it to upgrade to the latest iPhone.

TIA

2. cchs2014, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015

cchs2014 macrumors member

Band 12 is extremely amazing and beneficial in the places that it's available. I had T-Mobile about 8 years ago but I had to switch because I never had service at home and calls constantly dropped. I switched back to T-Mobile when the iPhone 6S released, and my house consistently sits on 2 bars of LTE. Band 12 has also improved coverage on my entire side of town. The grocery stores and local places I frequently visit would be stuck between 'No Service' and Edge, however recently I've noticed my phone never switches from LTE. Band 12 is great.

3. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

Is there any way I can ch city whether the iPhone is using band 12 or not? Because at my home it keeps on switching to 4G/LTE

4. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Their coverage map lets you switch between a map showing coverage with or without band 12. Their map is known to be a little over optimistic at times though.

Based on their map though, T-Mobile looks almost usable in my area. The towns I would be going to are pretty much covered, but the entire commutes and my house wouldn't be covered lol.