Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ninjonxb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Hi,
I share an Itunes (one of our family accounts under mobile me) with my partner for anything we Buy from Itunes.

For anyone who has had a chance to use the new beta this question is for you. Is there a way to set which account to use for different aspects of iCloud?

It would be a minor annoyance but still an annoyance (especialy with the 5GB limit) that any pictures, documents, etc was automatically sent to all of our devices.
We already expect to deal with it on the stuff we buy from any of the stores.

Thanks,
Jon

ninjonxb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Well,
Whats worst case?
The documents and pictures you make ur partner gets and can delete or just ignore?

Shouldnt be a huge problem and with mobile me becoming free if I had to pay $125 (difference after paying for iTunes match from family plan of mobile me) for more space to make up for that, not a huge issue (and i doubt it will be $125 for 5 more gigs :p ) .

mattdo93

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2010
This is also an issue for me. Hopefully, we will be able to have our own iCloud account, still share the iTunes account to buy apps, etc. but have a setting to turn off unwanted syncs from our partner's activity.

skwoytek

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2005
I already have this issue - iBooks' bookmarks sync based on the iTunes Store account, not MobileMe. So we use her account on her iPad and iPhone so that her bookmarks don't sync to my iBooks. But when I want to update her apps, I have to log into the account I used to buy them (my account), then back into hers to avoid cross syncing. I wonder if I will still be able to do that in the future.

See new rule (iii) below: You may switch an Associated Device to a different Account only once every 90 days.

90DayiCloud.png

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
In the same boat. My wife and I collectively have three Apple IDs: one is hers, one is mine and one is "ours".

Before she and I got together obviously we had our own IDs -- and very extensive app and music libraries to go with them. Now we have a shared ID that we use exclusively for iTunes apps and music but clearly we need to retain our old IDs for the content that is associated with them.

Come to think of it we have two more IDs for MobileMe. Neither of us use the MobileMe IDs for iTunes; they're just for email and syncing address books and the like with MobileMe. So that's FIVE IDs total -- two each personal and one shared -- and I haven't the slightest idea how they'll cooperate with iCloud. From the looks of things iCloud wants a single ID. :confused:

mattdo93

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2010
This is also an issue for me. Hopefully, we will be able to have our own iCloud account, still share the iTunes account to buy apps, etc. but have a setting to turn off unwanted syncs from our partner's activity.

Wait, there may be hope. Go to Settings > Store, and it should have the option to turn off sync with other devices.

Edit: This is what I'm talking about.

PhotoJun0675605PM-1.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.