Shared Apple ID, airdrop contact picture and name

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Bugeyeblue, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

My wife and I both use the same Apple ID. Is there any way to change her contact name and picture on her phone so that when I or anyone else tries to send her an airdrop link/picture, it shows her info instead?

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Get her a separate id for it. Leave the other one for apps, music, etc.
    Also, FaceTime!

3. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

How do you use 2 separate apple id's for different things?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Shared AppleID for AppStore (so you don't have to buy apps twice), shared calendars, shared notes, shared Photostreams

Separate AppleID for iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud (so you can have separate backups), FindMyFriends now requires separate AppleID's

5. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Ok, that's exactly what I want to do. But how do I make another Apple ID and how do I designate what apps use which ID?

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

First question is whose email is the current one. The other person should be the one to make the second one. Just logical that way

Log out of FaceTime, messages and iCloud. Be sure to say keep data. Under iCloud for sure there is a create Apple ID. After that is done, log into FaceTime and messages with new id.

7. gentlefury macrumors 68030

We have 2 iCloud accounts but one iTunes account. You set them up separately.

Use the shared id that you use for iTunes purchasers in iTunes. Then go to the iCloud settings and set up a new iCloud account on one phone. Now you have separate useable ids, but you share purchases.

8. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Thanks