Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
Why do I get notified for shared calendar alerts even when I turned it off? It's so annoying I get 10 changes notifications a day. And I have to keep pressing OK on all of them.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
I have the opposite problem. Does anyone know why calendar alerts do not work? I've never had a single notification for it. I get regular calendar alerts but nothing for changes or additions to shared calendars even though I have the setting turned on.

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
I have the issue of being notified of all calendar events in shared calendars even though I think I've done everything I can not to.

First, I have some shared calendars set to sync with my iPhone, which I set up here: https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect

Second, I've made sure that all Reminder options are unchecked when I go to the settings of those shared calendars through a full desktop browser.

Third, under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Calendars, I set the Default Alert Times for Events and All-Day Events to "None" just in case that helps.

Fourth and last from what I can tell my options are, in that same area, I try turning "Shared Calendar Alerts" off, but that only seems to be related to new, modified, or deleted event alerts, not for alerting prior to when shared events occur.

I want to say it's a limitation or issue with CalDAV or with how iOS handles CalDAV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.