Shared Data iPad FaceTime

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
How will I be able to FaceTime on the iPad. Will a shared data plan be available on the iPad?

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
If you don't have anything helpful to say, you should keep your mouth shut.
And there was anything in your post that was helpful to the OP?:rolleyes:

I have used iPad Facetime via WIFI served from my iPhone a few times. What's your deal?

jkeekij

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
I have my iPad's on the Verizon Share Everything plan, and I hope that when iOS 6 releases that the iPad will FaceTime over cellular as well. Being that the phone is supposedly getting that ability I would think that the iPad would too.

As noted above, FaceTime is always available via Wi-Fi.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
I understand I can use wifi. I just wanted to know how it would work if AT&T only allows it via their shared data network.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I understand I can use wifi. I just wanted to know how it would work if AT&T only allows it via their shared data network.
Currently if you can tether your iPad, iPod touch or even the iPhone to any Mobile HotSpot (or MiFi), then FaceTime over a cellular network works just fine.

I have the Nokia Lumia 900 and can create a Mobile HotSpot (which I have) and I have tethered my MacBook Pro and my friend his iPhone 4 and we have been able to FaceTime (not each other) without restrictions, and when I had an iPhone 4 I did the same with my iPod touch.

So I don't see how they can stop you going forward unless you have that shared data plan.

wharzhee

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
texas
If you don't have anything helpful to say, you should keep your mouth shut.
+1.
I had my encounters too and wish they cld have just shut up than to spend that energy to type a few worded non-structured sentence and press the submit reply button.