Shared Data iPad FaceTime

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by SamGabbay, Aug 28, 2012.

1. SamGabbay macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay

How will I be able to FaceTime on the iPad. Will a shared data plan be available on the iPad?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Use WIFI

3. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

If you don't have anything helpful to say, you should keep your mouth shut.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

And there was anything in your post that was helpful to the OP?:rolleyes:

I have used iPad Facetime via WIFI served from my iPhone a few times. What's your deal?

5. jkeekij macrumors regular

I have my iPad's on the Verizon Share Everything plan, and I hope that when iOS 6 releases that the iPad will FaceTime over cellular as well. Being that the phone is supposedly getting that ability I would think that the iPad would too.

As noted above, FaceTime is always available via Wi-Fi.

6. SamGabbay thread starter macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay

I understand I can use wifi. I just wanted to know how it would work if AT&T only allows it via their shared data network.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Currently if you can tether your iPad, iPod touch or even the iPhone to any Mobile HotSpot (or MiFi), then FaceTime over a cellular network works just fine.

I have the Nokia Lumia 900 and can create a Mobile HotSpot (which I have) and I have tethered my MacBook Pro and my friend his iPhone 4 and we have been able to FaceTime (not each other) without restrictions, and when I had an iPhone 4 I did the same with my iPod touch.

So I don't see how they can stop you going forward unless you have that shared data plan.

8. wharzhee macrumors 6502

+1.
    I had my encounters too and wish they cld have just shut up than to spend that energy to type a few worded non-structured sentence and press the submit reply button.