Shared disappeared in Finder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lexvo, Dec 9, 2012.

1. lexvo macrumors 65816

The 'Shared' section disappeared in Finder on my iMac. I checked the Finder-settings, but couldn't find anything to bring it back. I decided to reboot my iMac and now 'Shared' is back. I only had to reconnect my NAS using cmd-K (normally the NAS automatically shows up).

So everything is OK now, but I wonder why this 'Shared' suddenly disappeared in Finder. Could it be that I accidentally typed some key-combination? Finder-glitch?

2. switon macrumors 6502a

RE: hiding Shared...

Hi,

I don't know exactly what happened, as it could be a number reasons, such as having network troubles. But did you know that you can hide shares in the left-hand sidebar of Finder windows? Perhaps you accidently clicked on the "hide" and thus the Share disappeared.

Regards,
    Switon

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The most likely causes of this are:
    1. You unchecked everything in Finder's Sidebar preferences for the Shared section, which will make it go away.
    2. Finder's preference file is corrupted.

4. lexvo thread starter macrumors 65816

I didn't touch the Finder settings. When "Shared" was gone I checked the settings and everything under Shared had a checkmark before it.

I think this was a one off glitch in Finder, but I am open for better explainations :)