shared folders problem.Mac don't appear in it .

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by remus.taifas, Sep 16, 2014.

1. remus.taifas macrumors newbie

Hello ,
    Im from Romania so my english is not that good , and for that i have to say from the start sorry .
    I have a MacBook Pro , Mid 2012 and i have problems with the tab "shared folder" in finder.
    I have shared on this mac 3 folders, but none of them appears in finder .
    I have another laptop with windows in network and an egreat R300 pro media player with android .If i access the network from laptop with windows and media player i can see the mac in network but can't log in .
    If i try to access the laptop and media player from Mac i can ,and sometimes they appear in finder under shared folder and sometimes they don't , but if i choose to access with go connect server i connect to the laptop and media player and then they appear in finder.
    Another thing that i can't do on mac is that MAC itself don't appear in network 99% of time .When it appears , it also appears under shared folder with a different name from my user name , and i can't log in in my shared folders .
    So if I'm the only user on this mac , then how is it possible to not access my shared folders from the same mac through network , and why is not visible in network through finder but i can see it from other computers in network , but can't access it .
    I try disable the smb and afp , disable by turn , enabled and disabled both of time , nothing .
    Thanks i hope i made my self understood.

2. remus.taifas thread starter macrumors newbie