Shared Grocery/shopping app or stored dimensions app suggestions?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by speekez, Jan 21, 2013.

1. speekez macrumors 6502

Hello

I'm looking for recommendations for the following types of Apps,

1. A shared grocery or shopping list app:

An app that both my wife & I could add shopping items to from our respective phones, and the list would then update/sync on our respective phones. In addition to adding items, if I check off an item as purchased, I would want this to be reflected on her phone as well. So essentially a shared shopping list that updates in more or less real time.

2. An app that stores dimensions & measurements & frequent odds & ends

Is there an app you might recommend to store miscellaneous dimensions & measurements. Often, I'll measure furniture around the house to keep on hand for when out shopping and we are looking for items to pair with the furniture and want to know sizes. We'll say "Do you remember how high the couch is?" or "what the length of the table was". Or, "how many gallons is the kitchen trash barrel, we need bags" or "what type of oil does the lawn mower need again?"

I currently use the default Notes app for this, but I imagine an app would be easier.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I keep info such as your #2 in a Google spreadsheet that I can open and edit in Google Drive (free).

I would think you could also do the same with a shared grocery list. You could set up a master list with separate sheets for different categories, then have one or two columns for checking them off as needed or purchased.

Or, you could create an Outlook.com identity which can sync with the iPhone "Reminders". Both of you could add the Outlook account to "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" but only check "Reminders" to sync. At Outlook.com, name your calendar "Grocery". In Reminders you'll both have new list called "Grocery". You can then tell Siri to "Add milk to the grocery list" and she'll create the reminder. Also, for every calendar you create at Outlook.com a list will be created in Reminders...Home Depot, Whole Foods, Errands...whatever you want, shared on your iPhones.