Shared License

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Architect4122, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Architect4122 macrumors regular

I have Aperture 2 on my MBP right now, and will be investing in a MacPro in the future. Can I share the same license for both comps. I know you can't have them open at the same time, but is there a way over a network, or other simple solution, to share the license and use it on the desktop at home and on the MBP on the go?

Thanks.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Technically I'd venture to guess you cannot. However, I have a single user license for Aperture and I have had it installed on two machines.

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...you have the software now - why not read the license agreement that came with it as it will probably answer your question.

I don't have Aperture but *many* of Apple's (and other vendors) applications *do* allow you to install on a secondary computer provided that you are the primary user of both computers and are not using both concurrently - even Adobe Photoshop allows for this situation....oh yeah!

4. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

Yeah, look at the license agreement. Most licenses allow you to install you YOUR desktop and laptop computers, one each.