Shared Photo Stream Help

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Cscottrun, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

So I created a shared photo stream with my brother. I can add photos and my brother can see them. However, he cannot add photos. Is this how it works? Only the creator can add photos? Or is something not working properly, and both creator and subscribers should be able to add photos?

Edit: And if only the creator can add photos, is there anyway to make my brother a "creator"
    as well as myself, so we can both add photos?

2. Scott90 macrumors 6502

I don't think so at this point. Think of it as a Facebook photo album: only you can add pictures, other can see them and comment on them.

But it would be nice to allow others to put stuff in there, agreed.

3. murdoc158 macrumors regular

Did I see that shared photo streams won't count against your iCloud storage? This sounds like a great alternative to a shared Dropbox folder for sharing pictures between family members.

4. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

Photostream isn't permanent storage. It holds 1000 images, and new photos for 30 days.

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/photo-stream.html

1000 of your latest photos. With you all the time.
    iCloud manages your Photo Stream efficiently so you don’t run out of storage space on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you have Photo Stream enabled on your iOS device, every single photo you take appears in a special Photo Stream album that holds your last 1000 photos. You can delete any photos you don’t want from the Photo Stream.1 To touch up a photo or keep a favorite shot permanently, simply save it to your Camera Roll. iCloud stores new photos for 30 days, so you have plenty of time to connect your iOS device to Wi-Fi and make sure you always have your most recent shots handy.​

5. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Yes, he just shares his Photostream with you.

6. soulsteelgray macrumors regular

If you read further down to the Shared Photo Stream section...

7. jacg macrumors 6502a

jacg

Once you've made a photo stream is there any way to share it. Or do you have to specify the people you're sharing it with when you create it?

Also, how do I create a shared photo stream in Aperture, where 98% of my photos start?

----------

Okay, so I have discovered that you can edit the shared settings and assign new recipients in Aperture, which is handy. But if you can't create them in Aperture, this seems like an incredibly clumsy system.

8. jacg macrumors 6502a

jacg

And now I've worked out how to share a photo stream in Aperture and iPhoto. You go to the share menu or button, rather than trying to create some sort of album. Sorry for cluttering up the thread.