Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roeib00t

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
can anybody explain how to enable/set up the shared Photo Stream, and can it be done from the iPhone /w iOS 6 ? not running ML yet.

thanks!

roeib00t

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Turn on photo stream , choose your pictures in your album, choose share, choose photo stream . Make it private or public.

yea, that's the way & seems to work. thanks. unfortunately (i know it's a beta) it does not send an email to people i want to share with. do you happen to know if "members" should be able to go to like a web site where the photos are ?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
yea, that's the way & seems to work. thanks. unfortunately (i know it's a beta) it does not send an email to people i want to share with. do you happen to know if "members" should be able to go to like a web site where the photos are ?

Hmm, the people I invited got emailed links.
I was also able to set a public stream up without adding any invites.
Sorry yours is not working. The one thing I noticed was on a public stream, comments and "likes" could not be added. Everything else worked as described. If you make it public you can share the link.

roeib00t

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
tried a couple of email addresses... at least now i know how it's suppose to work. thanks again.

kingy04

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2010
Choose a photo, click the button on the lower left ( square with an arrow ), Click on Photo Stream and follow the prompts.

Still cant see it, im in the UK maybe it is US only atm.. any other international users see it? :confused:

EDIT: found it, you can only share pics that are actually already in ur stream folder.. shame

Last edited:

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
Still cant see it, im in the UK maybe it is US only atm.. any other international users see it? :confused:

EDIT: found it, you can only share pics that are actually already in ur stream folder.. shame

there is a share button and add to photo stream.

jasonw76

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Im in canada and i cant see it either??

It must be a US only feature at this stage of beta.

UPDATE:

I had to turn photo stream off on both the icloud tab and the photo tab and then on and now it works??

Strange.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.