Shared Photo Stream is Pretty Cool

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by maricc, Sep 21, 2012.

1. maricc macrumors regular

I think this is a cool feature. It's a neat way to share pictures with people you're not nearby. I like it because it is private and easily shared (unlike Facebook). Has anyone else tried it? Also cool, you can share the photos with people not in iOS 6 devices.

2. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

One of my favorite features.
    Have it hooked up with wife.

Loving it. Nice and private.

3. maricc thread starter macrumors regular

hahahah something tells me you're using it for something naughty....:cool:

4. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

It's got a lot of potential once more people jump on the iCloud bandwagon. Even people I know with iOS devices often don't have iCloud set up yet. I do love the option for viewing online, but the one Photo Stream I sent invites to a bunch of people for, everyone either called or e-mailed me to tell me that they don't have iCloud, so the can't see them. You can view them online, but the link at the bottom is so small to view online they all missed it. I also wish online there were the options for liking and commenting.

5. maricc thread starter macrumors regular

You can copy the link and email/message it to them?

And ya, it's too bad you can't have other people comment on them. But then again I guess if its a random person not using an apple ID how would they comment? Anonymously? That could mean trouble..

6. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

It's quite hard to find the link from the iPhone, and when you do, it's not copyable. People could comment using the e-mail address I sent it to as their ID.

7. jcw5002 macrumors newbie

I was really hoping it would be possible to have a collaborative photo stream (like Pool Party app, before Google killed it). But, I can't figure out a way to do this. Does anyone know if it's possible? Basically, I want a shared photo stream that 2+ people can add photos to.

8. maricc thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it is. There is a huge share link button?

----------

Yeah thats the only downfall.

9. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

Ah, must have missed it. I have only used it once.

10. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

That's what I'm really hoping for. It's a no-brainer! Maybe it's being saved for iOS 7, but I could see them adding it in a 6.x update.

The other thing I'm hoping support for videos in "Photo" Stream ("Media Stream"?).

11. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Anyone having problems with Shared Photostreams on the web?

I have noticed that if one clicks on the link from the invite to a shared photo stream, you get an error:

"iCloud can't find that page. PLease double check and try again"

This is pretty consistent, as long as there is more than one photo in the photo stream. Anyone else noticing this?