Shared PhotoStreams - half-baked functionality

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by KeepCalmPeople, Mar 13, 2014.

1. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

As a long-time iOS user I am used to Apple rolling out functionality in increments, so that light users are not overwhelmed, but occasionally the end product is frustratingly limited.
    In the case of shared PhotoStreams, would it have been too tough to allow individual devices to subscribe?
    One of the PhotoStreams I subscribe to has 300+ pictures and 10+ videos from a family gathering, contributed by 10 different subscribers. It takes up a huge amount of space, and I would like to remove it from my iPad but keep it on my iPhone.
    I have a PhotoStream that I started that has multiple subscribers, that I would like to delete. But if I delete it, it says it will be deleted from all the subscriber's devices.
    There are workarounds (there always are) but it still just seems half-baked...

2. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

You can turn off photo sharing under iCloud setting on the device you do not want the photos/videos on. I am pretty sure that will work.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Apple needs to let users browse their entire photostream. I say this because on occasion during some restores I've seen different photos than other times.

iPhoto on My Mac shows me all sorts of photos on photostream that my iphone doesnt.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

iPhone only has rolling 1000image/30day window. Mac might archive all.