Shared photostreams

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by dlsife, Sep 19, 2012.

1. dlsife macrumors member

The review says you can share photostreams on the web? How does one accomplish this?

When I bring up a photostream and click the share button, sharing on the web isn't an option.

TIA

----------

firgured it out. disregard.

2. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

iPad: on the Photo Streams tab, click Edit and then tap the album. An options menu pops up with the public link. Hardly intuitive, but it works.

iPhone: tap the blue arrow icon on the shared stream. The same options menu appears.

3. cuestakid macrumors 68000

I did this-I signed into iCloud and I dont see anything. I tried sending to a couple different emails but nothing happens? Maybe server overload?

EDIT-ok i think its working on my iDevices but how does it work for a non iDevice?

4. jacg macrumors 6502a

jacg

Access to public sites?

Does anyone know the level of privacy for those streams you set up as a public website? The web address is pretty random, so does that mean people are only likely to find it with a link?

I'd like to be able to share photos this way but not everyone has iCloud. But don't want anyone to be able to find them easily. Any thoughts on this?

5. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

Well, unless they have an icloud account the only way you can share it is through a public link. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I'm not posting any 'sensitive top secret' photos either. Just everyday pics. So, I don't worry about who might see them.

6. jacg macrumors 6502a

jacg

I just want to know that the photos aren't ending up in a search engine or sitting on some 'recently uploaded to iCloud' page.

The links to these public pages seem pretty obscure, so does that mean they are hard for random folk to get to without the link?

7. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

I would think that it would be pretty hard and Apple doesn't like bad press when it comes to things like this. I'm sure they are pretty careful with the randomization of these links. But as they say, if you put something on the Internet, consider it to be public no matter what.

8. B.A.T, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

B.A.T macrumors 6502a

I created my first shared PS today and couldn't see it on my icloud page. Then I noticed I had a notification on iPhoto (which I've never seen before) and my photostream with comments was in the photostream section of iPhoto. Not sure if this happened with any of the people that I shared with.

**EDIT** The link to the Photostream website is shown when you open it up in iPhoto. There may be a way to see this on ios devices but I haven't figured it out yet.