Shared Printer Gone in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by illicium, Oct 27, 2007.

1. illicium macrumors regular

I thought a simple upgrade is supposed to keep all settings. One reason I just did the upgrade was because setting up my shared printer which is connected to my windows box was a total pain and I didn't want to have to go through it again. Well when I went to print a document in Leopard, there are no printers listed. So I try to go in and add my printer back, and leopard seems to have a better setup for adding networked printers on windows machines. Too bad it doesn't work for my printer, which I got from the Apple store when I bought my MBP. See screenshots:

Anyone else gotten printer sharing with a PC working on Leopard?

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers and everything.

Attached Files:

2. illicium thread starter macrumors regular

Also if your printer sharing is or isnt working, post your make and model of your printer

3. Hopstretch macrumors regular

Hopstretch

4. illicium thread starter macrumors regular

No one else has a problem with shared printers and Leopard?

5. ChrisCarr macrumors newbie

I am having same problem running the other way. Using a 24" iMac to share out a Canon PM510, loaded Windows Bonjour... everything looks like it installed correctly and it finds the printer, it sends the job and say everything is OK. One small problem... it isn't transferring to the Mac queue. In reading other posts I am starting to think it is all firewall... with I hate running without. Does any one have windows bonjour and printer sharing working correctly?