Shared Printing Drivers/Install location?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by spunklemonkey, Jan 16, 2009.

1. spunklemonkey macrumors member

Im trying to use a windows printer over the network. After a lot of messing on on the pc with windows (has zone alarm and other bloatware, but its not mine so have to leave it!) I have finally got the printer to appear for mac and other pcs Now its a hp psc 1400 so I had a look in the drivers when it asks for one and theres nothing close to it, so I downloaded the drivers for the mac and installed them, but they dont go in the list? Where exactly have they gone?

Is there a search recently installed files facility on os x? As I have no idea where its putting these drivers and have looked in the hp folder and cant find anything obvious.

hope someone can help! It sends to printer but nothing happens, it even appears in windows printer box, so I think its the drivers this end.

It also gets to the printer and says remote downlevel document?

I think it would work if I knew where the drivers were I installed, it just doesnt say and then there not in the list? So where have they been installed to?

This is one I downloaded:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&lang=en&swfsequence=1&ts=true&product=441115

2. spunklemonkey thread starter macrumors member

Anyone know how to find out where these drivers are installing themselves out of interest? Looks like its not going to be possible to fix them, but where did the drivers go!