Sharing a canon printer

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brentg33, Sep 15, 2007.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

I have a wireless network at home with my MBP and my girlfriends windows machine. She has a canon printer hooked up to her windows machine via USB. i cant seem to locate her computer and printer when i try to set up the printer on my MBP....what is the best way so that i can use her printer?
    thanks
    brent

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I have the same situation as you (Canon MP830) and there don't seem to be any network drivers for it. You may have the same problem. What model do you have?

3. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Wow, I have a MP830 as well. If this doesn't work via her Windows box, do you guys think it should work if I got an Aiport Extreme Base Station (802.11n) and hooked it up through that?

If the OP hooked it up through the router, maybe it would work that way, depending on what router he has?

4. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

its an older one...its a canon s520...its really strange...when i first got this MBP back in march...i had it working...then for some reason it stopped working....anyways...i installed bonjour for windows on her machine...how do i get that to work?