Sharing a mouse with 2 macs.....

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Guitarfool5931, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Guitarfool5931 macrumors newbie

I am trying to figure out how I could share a mouse with 2 computers. One of them is a MacBook Pro and the other is a mac pro. If I can find a way to share both the mouse and keyboard as well that would be great. I dont have a lot of room on my desk for another mouse and I've heard of people sharing keyboards and/or their mouse. I searched the forums for something of the sort and the closest I came was a guy looking to share between a Mac and A PC. They recommended a A/B switch but if I could avoid using one of those I'd prefer it. Mostly because I don't have on at this exact moment. I thought since both of mine are Macs there might be an easier way?? I look forward to your responses!! :D

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You should check out teleport, it sounds like it will do just what you want :)

4. Guitarfool5931 thread starter macrumors newbie

i was just on Lifehacker.com and found an article on teleport. I downloaded it and it's working great! Thanks guys!

5. leishan macrumors 6502

Thanks for this info!

6. semitry macrumors member

7. Guitarfool5931 thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually tried quicksynergy before the other program but it gave me some error messages so I tried the other one and it worked. Thanks for the reply though!

8. rich.smith macrumors member

Another option (if you only want 1 monitor as well) is to use remote desktop. You could put the laptop out of the way on the same network and access it from the Mac Pro using remote desktop. If you set it up with Spaces, you have the ability to switch between the two machines using option arrow.

A no cost option is to use the built in VNC server and Chicken of the VNC as the client.