Sharing Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by IgiveyoutheFBI, Apr 20, 2015.

1. IgiveyoutheFBI macrumors newbie

Does anybody know how easy it would be to share an Apple Watch with another person (though not on a regular basis), I'm assuming as it's synched to the phone there shouldn't be much hassle but wondering if I've missed something.

thanks

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

I assume itll be super easy....

Just reset and repair it, 5-10 minute process maybe.

3. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Share? And get their sweat and grubby microscopic flakes of skin all over your precious watch? Never ;)

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

How do you handle door knobs?:eek::D

5. WeatherMate macrumors member

I would not want to share my treasured Apple gadget with anyone!!!

6. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I just wait around until someone else shows up to use the door. Not great when you really need to pee :D

7. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

From what I saw on another post, the apple watch will wipe itself when you unpair it from the phone. You can back it up first and then restore the backup when you repair, so it's not quite as drastic as it sounds and will ensure that each person sharing the watch can have their own settings. However, it also means that it's probably not a super quick and simple process to change it from one person to another.

The other thing to consider if you're using it for apple pay is that each time the watch is wiped it will deactivate any apple pay cards associated with it and they will need to be re-added to be used again. That could definitely get to be old pretty quickly if you use apple pay and share the watch frequently.

8. MichaelWR90 macrumors member

I have a hard time sharing my Fridge with my wife... And you're going to share your watch??

9. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

I am seriously wondering under what situation you'd want to share a watch with someone?

10. segrobja macrumors regular

I wondered about switching the device between 2 phones as I have 2 iPhone 6 +'s and would like to be able to switch between the two phones depending on which one is being used more.