Sharing apps amongst iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tracid, Dec 18, 2008.

1. tracid macrumors member

Is it possible to download an already paid app to another iPhone besides your own? Can I just use my username and password to download the app?

Thanks

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    that's called stealing. you can't do it like that anyway. If you own more than one iphone and they sync to your computer any app you have paid for will be synced to both devices i believe.

3. Cheese macrumors 6502

Cheese

In the refrigerated section at your grocer
    So, After I buy an app (like Dizzy Bee 2) from the iTunes Store, and sync it to my iPhone 3G, I will need to buy another copy for full price to use on my son's new iPod Touch?

4. quotemeas macrumors regular

If you bought it under the same iTunes Store account - no, just re-download the app.

5. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

As long as you're syncing with the same account, you won't have to buy a new copy.

6. mpshay macrumors 6502

Are you syncing the iphone and Touch to the same itunes library? If so no problem. If not, then plan on buying multiple copies

7. gibbz macrumors 68030

You are allowed to authorize 5 devices/computers for your iTunes account. All you have to do is drag the App to your son's library and then double-click the icon in iTunes. It should prompt you for your iTunes account name and password. This authorizes that computer for your account and the App can most definitely be used on both your iPhone and other devices. It is not stealing if you are within your 5 authorized computers.

8. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Here's what I do. It works everytime:

The iPhone can be synced to another computer. Just do this:

1. Log out of your account on your computer.
    2. Plug in your friend's iPhone
    3. Click sync (it won't erase your content)
    4. Open the AppStore on the iPhone.
    5. Download an App that has already been purchased by *you*
    6. Enter your account info
    7. Plug it back into the computer and click sync again.
    8. Next time they download something, they'll have to enter *their* account.

9. Acronym macrumors 68000

heres what i did i had problems syncing applications from one account on the computer having all my apps while another one having only half so i found the directort were all the apps are stored

C:\Users\USERNAME\Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications

coppied all the applications to the same folder on a different account

C:\Users\USER 2\Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications

and then went back on to the User 2 and dragged them all into itunes.

while it might be legal you could probably email yourself all your apps compressed in a zipfile and transfer them to your friends that way but that as people have stated before is illeagal.