Sharing bluetooth internet to other devices (In this case, an SE cell)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Earendil, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

Setup:
    1.25 Alum Powerbook (yes, it has bluetooth)
    Sony Ericsson w580

I used to do a number of cool things with salling clicker and my old SE phone, but now I have a problem. I need to get the salling clicker program to my phone via a website that will asign a valid security certificate to it blah blah blah.

Anyway, I am trying to get my laptop to share its internet connection to other bluetooth devices. I am however failing to get my phone to "connect" to the PAN (Personal Area Network).

I have:
    Under Preferences > sharing > Internet sharing : turned on internet sharing to bluetooth devices.
    Under Preferences > bluetooth > advanced : Enabled internet sharing over bluetooth using PAN

My two devices are paired. I can browse files on my phone, send and receive files just fine. However, whenever I try and access the internet, or connect to my computer FROM the phone, it goes into an infinite state of "Connecting".

Computer side, my laptop says that the two devices are connected during this phase of "Connecting" but the phone never leaves this state, and I am forced to cancel out of it, at which point the computer says the two devices are no longer connected.

If I try and connect to the phone from my laptop I get this error message:
    "Bluetooth Connection Failed. Your Device unexpectedly disconnected. Make sure it is turned on and in range."
    And my phone shows no signs of anything.

Like I said, file exchange works. Even the build in bluetooth remote control for mouse control works without a hitch.

Ideas?
    At this point I'm not sure if I have either side set up correctly. So even if you don't know Sony Ericsson phones, I could still use help confirming I have my computer set up correctly.

Thank you for reading.

~Tyler
    ~Earendil

2. micsouris macrumors newbie

I have same problem with se k810i and k770i If you found a solution would you let me know? hjmcmaster@gmail.com