Sharing bookmarks, Safari & Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Joemero, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Joemero macrumors regular

Newbie question here, is there anyway that I pages I bookmark in Safari can be also bookmarked in Firefox on the same mac? Or is there an easy way to transfer/synch them? At times I use Safari and at other times I use FF. Thanks

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Just Importing/Exporting them. I know when FF runs for the first time it asks if you want to import data directly from Safari (without having to export first from Safari), I'm sure that wizard can be run again to easily transfer them. Of course, that's not a nice automagical method, but it'll get the job done. Maybe AppleScript could get invovled, but I wouldn't know much about that.

Otherwise, I personally try to keep my Safari and Firefox Bookmarks seperate, for business and personal stuff. However with FireFox being my personal favorite and Safari being used on my iPhone it's gotten tough lately.

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I use a software program called BookDog to automatically sync my bookmarks. It does a lot of other stuff as well -- identifying duplicates, alphabetizing, checking to see if the bookmarks are still valid, etc.