Sharing Calendars Between Iphone and Galaxy III?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Wills.Details, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Wills.Details macrumors member

Ok i have an iPhone 4S, my sister has a galaxy III. Im TRYING to find a way to link our damn calendars since we share a business but so far i am having NO luck. She cant get icalendar and i can't get stuipd google calendar to sync to my icalendar....im about enraged right now...some help please before i get gas and matches....:)

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Why would you be enraged ? You're on two different platforms. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you can find a tutorial for Google calendar that will assist you (not sure of Google calendar's limitations since I don't use it)

3. Wills.Details thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i know that and it sucks :-\. Figured google calendars would make a good go between but i cant get my google calendar to link to my iphone even after i followed googles instructions

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I think it depends on the instructions and when they were posted.

Adding the Google Calendar as CalDav with the "www.google.com" as the server should work. Ignore that it says Reminders are synced...they aren't as far as I can tell.

Outlook.com is a good way to share a calendar and Reminders on the iPhone, but I don't know anything about how it works on the various Androids.

5. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

I recommend you post in the Alternatives to iOS devices section. Lot of iPhone/Android users.

6. FotoDirk macrumors member

The trick is simple.
    Create a common Google calendar most likely with a new Gmail address.
    Then add this calendar to both your iPhone and the Android Phone. Both will need to use the new Gmail address and password.
    Now both can see and add events in the common Google calendar.

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

My whole immediate family has accounts on my Google Apps domain account. All talks seamlessly.

Using GMail accounts option in iOS7, mail/contacts/calendar, works great between iOS-Android-Browsers.

CalDAV option should work as well, used that during iOS6 days.

8. dsh3 macrumors 6502

dsh3

We're doing the same, works without any issues what-so-ever.