iPad Sharing contacts between Iphone 5, Ipad Air and Google contacts on desktop

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mdatadf, Aug 26, 2014.

1. mdatadf macrumors newbie

Help...I'm struggling...My most current contact list is on my iPhone 5. The contact list on my (windows) desktop matches my Air, I'd like to get the contact list on to my Air and desktop... I've tried ICloud Backup as well as syncing through my usb cable.. Any help would be great...

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Turn on iCloud contact sync on the iPhone. If asked whether you want to merge or replace, select merge. Next, turn on iCloud contact sync on the iPad. When asked if you want to merge or replace, select replace. Finally, install iCloud Comtrol Panel (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455) on your windows computer. Turn on iCloud contact sync and replace.

3. Mistic007 macrumors newbie

Mistic007

You are talking about Google Contacts you want to sync? Then you don't need to bother with iTunes/iCloud at all. Just add google contacts als CardDAV account to your iphone and you're done.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2753077

4. mdatadf thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Night Spring...

Thanks Night Spring...
    Step 1 worked on my phone and it asked me to merge and I guess it worked, there was no type of confirmation. "Contacts" on the iPad was already on for "Contacts" but nothing happened. Next I turned off "contacts" on the ipad, it asked if I wanted to delete the contacts and I said yes... so my contacts on the ipad were gone. Next I turned back on the contacts in icloud and it loaded what was on my computer (the old contacts), not what is on my phone. I found control panel for icloud, installed it, only checked off the contacts box, opened outlook on the computer, but there was some error... pretty much back to where I started. Any other thoughts? Thanks, Mike

----------

Thanks Mistic007,
    I'm going to try this next...Will let you know...!

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Are your iPad and iPhone signed in to the same iCloud account?

Also, go to iCloud.com and see which version of your contacts you see there.