Sharing desktops??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by btadams, Mar 26, 2009.

1. btadams macrumors newbie

Hello everybody, great to be posting. I've read this site for years, and now actually have something to add:)

I have a black Macbook I have been using for a couple of years now. I just upgraded to a Macbook Pro. I have the Macbook hooked up in my home office, and the Pro I work around the house or at a Starbucks with WiFi. Why do I do that? Because I am one of the lucky people to lose their job in this economy:) I would like to basically be using the same computer. What I mean is that I would like the two desktops and different machines to sync. If I am in the living room working, I would like it to sync to my upstairs machine, and vice versa. I know that this can be done through .Mac to a point with files, but not the machine itself. I have also heard I can boot onto a disk on the network (ie.. boot my Pro to the Macbook drive). One of the things I see getting in the way actually is the fact that I have a dynamic IP on my Comcast account. Booting remotely is probably not possible.

Could anybody give me some solutions? The reason I want to not just use one laptop is because the Macbook is great to keep on for music, and the PIM I am trying to get up and going.

Thanks in advance.

BTA

2. btadams thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, its in the right place

My post above is in Software because I assumed it would be a software solution. Am I wrong?