Sharing display over network...NOT VNC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by davish, May 22, 2007.

1. davish macrumors member

OK....it was a while ago that i stumbled over an application on the web that allowed you to use a laptop as an external display from your mac...but over a network. i must stress that this was NOT a VNC type thing--i use and have that.
    i can only remember that the icon was something like a cinema display (i think) and that the video of demonstration was with a powerbook on the right and the guy was moving a spiderman hd video between the display on the left and the one on the right.

if anyone has ANY idea what the f*** i am on about (!) then please write back.

thanks in advance,

Tom.

2. davish thread starter macrumors member

thats not it....but it seems to be the same idea! thanks!

3. macfaninpdx macrumors regular

4. davish thread starter macrumors member

you know, i need to learn not to be so sure of myself! it is VNC! damn, i look stupid now...anyway, thanks for the find!

5. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

Synergy is actually tackling the opposite problem--it allows you to share a keyboard and mouse over the network, for computers with their own dedicated monitors (or dedicated inputs on a single monitor).

It does not share the screen and does not allow interaction (there is some shaky support for cutting and pasting between computers, but that's it).