Sharing files between users on the same iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ange, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Ange macrumors newbie

Hi there, I have a feeling the answer to my question will be a simple one, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I've searched and can't find anything previously posted about it. :)

So, I'm a new Mac user, running Leopard. DH & I share this computer, different user accounts. I would like to give him access to the pictures in my Pictures folder. I've gone into Sharing, turned File Sharing on and given him read/write access to both my Public Folder and my Pictures folder. When he logs in, how can get actually get to my public or pictures folder?

TIA. :D

2. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

In a new finder window go to:
    Macintosh HD > Users > Your Account> Pictures

and that should work...

3. Ange thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!! I knew it had to be something simple!

4. imanewbie macrumors newbie

Help

I tried the process that MacGeek7, several times. It does not seem to be working. I have been going back from account to account. All of the folders have been given read/write permissions and this does not seem to work. Could I get some additional help.:confused:

5. candis987 macrumors newbie

Sharing files with other users in Mac OS X 10.4+

For Mac 10.4 and up you will also need to update the ACL's recursively from the command prompt, for users whose files you want accessible from other users. I've been doing this several months on my Mac at home, and me and my wife have had no problems in sharing our files. We even share our iPhoto Library. I've blogged about it here:

http://blog.getsnappy.com/2009/06/sharing-files-with-other-users-in-mac.html