Sharing Files- How to do on torrent?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cobravap, Apr 5, 2007.

1. cobravap macrumors regular

So my gf is trying to send me pictures. Now eventually we resorted to ichat-ichat as the way to send cause i couldnt figure out how to generate a torrent. When i was on windows, AIM to other AIM and msn to msn was slow as hell, which is why i was trying generate a torrent for her to seed it to me. I had her download the Create Torrent widget and create a torrent. Then had her send me the torrent file. Then we both opened it up to try and receive, but i wasnt downloading anything. Tried to use Tomato Torrent next to create a torrent and still no go. Anyone know an easier way to get this done.

BTW..ichat to ichat is pretty fast. ;-)

Thanks

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

just use something like www.yousendit.com.

edit: wait, so if ichat-ichat works fine, why do you want another solution? :confused:

3. cobravap thread starter macrumors regular

Cause this time it was about 50 megs worth of pics. She wants allllll the pics i have of us and so far that totaled 3.7 GIGS. and i dont wanna upload that much at one time. I would rather try and use a torrent so that she can get like a gig a day. as with torrents you can pause and resume.

4. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

It sounds like a job for Sneaker-net. Put 'em on a DVD and give it to her. :)

5. cobravap thread starter macrumors regular

I guess i could do that but as your in Nagoya, she is in Hyogo-ken.... which is why i asked the question ;-).

aka shes is far away....