Sharing from iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by phishndave, Nov 16, 2010.

1. phishndave macrumors member

Hello, I have 4 hours of edited footage in iMovie that I would like to share with someone else on another computer so that they can edit the project even further. What is the best way to do this? I have already waited 19 hours through a "Share with Media Browser" command but can only see the file in iDVD. Is there a way to take that file out of the media browser and put it on a flash drive? Someone help please I'm on a huge deadline!!! Thanks in advance,

Drew

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. phishndave thread starter macrumors member

my initial plan was to copy it to a flash drive and send it to him. The problem is that the other party lives in California and I live in Minnesota

4. phishndave thread starter macrumors member

i just wish i could get the file out of the media browser somehow... then i could put it on a flash drive. anyone know how to do that?

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you want to send the finished edit to that Californian or does that Calif want to edit the project further?

If it is the first, iMovie has many export options you can choose from and what that Calif prefers you have to find out.

If it is the latter, you have to give that Calif the entire project, maybe minus some unused footage you could delete from the copy of that iMovie project.

But using a flash drive will give you only up to 64GB, but it will be probably around 8 to 16GB I guess, thus it will limit the quality of what you can sent that colleague/friend.

6. phishndave thread starter macrumors member

It is the latter, however the problem is that I've already edited the footage down from 7 hours to 4 and he needs to edit it from 4 hours to 1.5 - meaning that i need a way to send him only the clips that I've edited and not the whole 7 hour of clips which are being displayed in the iMovie Events folder. Know what I mean? I think I'm stuck with re-exporting the edited clips and he'll just have to split them apart again. Wish there was a better way