Sharing iCal calendars with non-MobileMe persons

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macswitcha2, Sep 4, 2010.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Ok, I want to share a calendar or two with another person but the person does not have Mobile Me so are there other ways to share my calendar?

Note, the person does use google calendar, is there a way via google?

2. sup3r1or macrumors regular

I'm not entirely sure it it will work with Mobile Me, since other person doesnt have subscription but it sure works with Google Calendar.

First go to you google calendar, on the right hand side you will see My Calendars, from the right of it it will be arrow pointing down. Press this arrow and then select Share THis calendar. Add the person you want to share with by e-mail or if you have it in your address book.

Then when you done save settings and open iCal, add your google calendar and you will be able to see who you shared with.

Hope it helps

3. brittped macrumors newbie

I Too Would Like to Know How to do This

I haven't been able to figure out how to share my iCal with friends using Google Calendar. All my events are in iCal so sharing my Google Calendar with my Google Calendar friends wouldn't be very useful. Please help.

4. tricky83 macrumors newbie

I know this is a little old (and will be redundant once mobileme becomes icloud), but in the mean time this support page by apple suggests:

1) private calendars can only be shared with any mobileme users who you give access rights to
    2) public calendars can be shared with anyone with whom you provide the link to the calendar

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4037

Still trying to figure out how to get my ical/mobileme/iphone synced calendar visible for my other half and her iphone which is synced with her PC (and so neither mobileme nor ical).