Sharing Internet Connection and apple tv wont work

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by srgibson616, Jan 10, 2010.

1. srgibson616 macrumors newbie

Im trying to get my apple tv to work through the wireless internet, but my neighbor nd I share internet and the router is in his apt. So now for some reason the apple tv wont sync with my computer. the router is about 30 yards away and my computer is about 20 feet from the atv. how can i get my music photos and movies on the atv with the situation, and without moving the router, any way?

2. XxEjGxX macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Move the apple tv around until you find a sweet spot i reckon

3. theslaz macrumors 6502

Are you using a Apple computer or a PC?? I just hooked up my new Atv to my Windows 7 computer and it to would not connect. Had to change the capability mode to Windows Xp and it connected no problem.

Hope this helps.

4. mrjeffMacPro macrumors newbie

Apple TV and Internet SHaring

Background

I have an Apple TV, connected to my wireless network. (works fine).
    I have a MacBook Pro which is also connected to the network wirelessly. It can see the Apple TV and works fine.

The Situation
    In my room, there is no ethernet jack for my Mac Pro, so i use internet sharing, to share the internet connection from the wireless on the MacBook Pro, to the ethernet jack (which is plugged into my Mac Pro). The internet works fine on the Mac Pro, but the Mac Pro cannot see the Apple TV in iTunes.

The Solution... (none)

Can anybody help me with this?? or give me some suggestions.