All iPads Sharing Internet connection to iPad from a Windows-based computer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by A.R.S, Jan 20, 2014.

1. A.R.S macrumors newbie

Hello,

I would like to know is it possible to share the Internet connection from my Windows-based computer to my :apple: iPad Air.

The iPad Air has a cellular connection but the cellular company stops the speed for the rest of the day once >100Mb in this day have been downloaded.

So I would like to use my house Internet on the iPad. I have a DSL cable system where the phone line cord enters into a modem unit then RJ45 into the computer (Win7 desktop system). This set up doesn't have a Wi-Fi. But the computer has a Bluetooth.

I know it's super easy to share the Internet via Bluetooth on either an iPhone or a MacBook (any Mac OS X-based computer).

But it appears that Windows 7 lacks this feature, it can only take the Internet from an iPhone/iPad, not give it.

Is there any software that can do the exact "Internet sharing" on a Mac does, but on Windows?

Or is my only option to get a Wi-Fi router?

Thank you for any answers.

2. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

A lot of Windows based laptops have the ability but it is because of their wireless card that they can do this. Since you are on a desktop your best choice is to buy a wireless router.