Sharing internet connection to Xbox 360

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dontwalkhand, Jan 11, 2010.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Ok, so here is my setup, and I have it all configured correctly, and everything works great. I am able to stream stuff off of the iMac with Connect360, and internet works great. I am not having any trouble configuring the ethernet port to share the airport connection.

What I am trying to do now is have the 360 connect to the Media Center PC located downstairs hidden out of sight. Because the 360 is getting it's connection from my iMac, would it still be able to connect to this MCE PC? (the only PC in the house, whose sole purpose is to be a DVR and eventually, serve the 360 up with cool MCE hacks such as a web browser for the 360, and Hulu)

I am not about to buy a wi-fi adapter from MS for $100, as that is overpriced, and the iMac connection works fine. Anything else I can do?

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I think the issue is that the XBox can't connect directly to the MediaPC through the Mac. Is there any way to run Ethernet from your router directly to your XBox? Then you should be able to connect to Mac and PC on the network.

3. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Unfortunately no, as the Mac is connecting to the internet using Wi-Fi.

4. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Does Connect360 let you select which drives to connect too?

If so, then "map" the pc drive to your mac as a shared network drive, then assign that as an accessible drive through connect360.