Sharing Internet over BT to Palm m515

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ingenious, Nov 10, 2007.

1. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    Okay, so my beloved PowerBook is in the shop right now and I don't know when it will be back. In the mean time, I have a six-year-old PDA with a Bluetooth SDIO card that I'm using to take notes.

How do I share an internet connection from a Leopard Mac to my PDA? I have it turned on in BT prefs (the PAN setting), but I can't get my PDA to connect. It's a Palm m515 running Palm OS 4.1.

I also need to be able to print using a BT-enabled computer or to a printer over the network... I'm working on FilePoint and PrintBoy, but no such luck yet... PDA's internal memory is almost too small to handle all of these applications, but for it to be wireless, I have to remove the Bluetooth SDIO card. Ugh.

2. Kevenly macrumors regular

Kevenly

I just bought a Bluetooth SDIO for my Palm m515 thinking I could share my Macbook's internet connection with it via the seemingly convenient checkboxes to enable it in Leopard. Although my computer is seeing the Palm and I can send files to and fro, when I try to share the internet I just get an error on the Palm that my cables might be bad. I can't find a solution. I wonder if you ever did...

3. ingenious thread starter macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    No, I didn't, unfortunately. I had to resort to BT'ing my files to nearby macs.

There are some utilities out there that supposedly get the job done, althogh I couldn't get them to work. The OSXHints site might have some useful scripts. I found some things there.

Good luck!