Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
What’s easiest way to share an iPad between a household, this is just for example a holiday iPad with films etc on. I know Apple insist on us buying our own stubbornly, not allowing multiple users, even though it can be done with a school license.

I want to be able to download apps that bought, but no messages, FaceTime, email etc. basically an iPad with apps on only, everything else locked down.

We all have own iPhones and phones, so it’s just for the bigger screen really.

Also what’s the mini iPad, spec wise, to use for this for basic apps, video Netflix etc, iPad or mini, that should choose?

Thanks

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Create a new shared household account and add it to your Family Sharing. That way, there’s no risk of anyone’s personal stuff syncing to the shared iPad.

The entry level iPad 9th gen sounds fine for your stated use case.

Reactions: kltmom and Abazigal

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Create a new shared household account and add it to your Family Sharing. That way, there’s no risk of anyone’s personal stuff syncing to the shared iPad.

The entry level iPad 9th gen sounds fine for your stated use case.

How do you create a shared household account? Not sure what you mean sorry. As say I don’t want messages, email, FaceTime or anything on, just access to the apps I’ve bought, and accounts like Prome video, Netflix. aTV+ etc.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
How do you create a shared household account? Not sure what you mean sorry. As say I don’t want messages, email, FaceTime or anything on, just access to the apps I’ve bought, and accounts like Prome video, Netflix. aTV+ etc.

I just meant creating a new iCloud account instead of reusing any of your personal ones. Then just add the account to your Family Sharing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.