Sharing iPhone 6 60p videos. How?

FuzzMunky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
When I share iPhone 6 1080 60p videos, via email or imessage, they are really heavily compressed and lose their 60p-ness. In short, they end up looking like Sony Ericsson videos from the early 2000s. I have tried uploading to Dropbox, but the video previews are also terrible quality. Basically, any attempt I have so far made to share the videos in all their glory, have resulted in disappointment in grainy blocky-land. I also tried youtube, but it seems to cut the framerate.

What is the recommended procedure to share FULL quality videos from the iPhone 6? It used to be that iMessage was seemingly full quality. Now, however, in iOS 8 it seems ludicrously compressed.

Help.
Thanks.

johnnyapples33d

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2013
When I share iPhone 6 1080 60p videos, via email or imessage, they are really heavily compressed and lose their 60p-ness. In short, they end up looking like Sony Ericsson videos from the early 2000s. I have tried uploading to Dropbox, but the video previews are also terrible quality. Basically, any attempt I have so far made to share the videos in all their glory, have resulted in disappointment in grainy blocky-land. I also tried youtube, but it seems to cut the framerate.

What is the recommended procedure to share FULL quality videos from the iPhone 6? It used to be that iMessage was seemingly full quality. Now, however, in iOS 8 it seems ludicrously compressed.

Help.
Thanks.
I would like to know this as well. Someone please chime in if you can.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Set up youtube account. Upload it to there using the app. It will ask if you wish to keep it as HD. After it uploads, you can share it from the app.

FuzzMunky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
Set up youtube account. Upload it to there using the app. It will ask if you wish to keep it as HD. After it uploads, you can share it from the app.
I mentioned that I already tried YouTube, but it cuts the framerate in half.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.