Sharing is caring - two people can listen to one AirPod at the same time

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kjparfekt, Dec 19, 2016.

1. kjparfekt macrumors regular

kjparfekt

I can confirm that if you want to let someone listen to what your hearing you take one AirPod out and the audio will pause then the other person puts that AirPod in their ear and it starts right back up!

IMG_2813.JPG

I don't think this is something you would need or want to do frequently but a pleasant surprise.

2. WilliamG macrumors G3

Adorable picture. And yes, this totally works. Awesome for watching a sports game or listening to music while you're waiting for something. :D

3. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I thought about this too and it is a great idea

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

It's OK if it's someone close to you like your other half but regards to hygiene issues I wouldn't want to share them with anyone else even people I knew.

5. LxHunter macrumors 6502

Did this yesterday.
    Visited my 94 year-old uncle at the veterans home. It is difficult for him to make regular phone calls, even on speaker phone.
    Called my mom - his sister.
    Works great

6. grago macrumors newbie

grago

Did you try this in a call? It would be cool if two people could use a pair of Airpods to listen and talk at the same time.

7. Ralfi macrumors 6502a

Ralfi

I get you.

Though, the good thing about the Airpod design is that they don't enter the ear canal where most gunk hides.

Still, if you know someone who doesn't rate hygiene high on their agenda, I'd direct them to the nearest Airpod retailer instead.

8. WilliamG macrumors G3

I think only one mic is active.

9. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Ha! It's that easy? My Bose need update of app on my iPhone to share music lol. (TBF to Bose its for sharing music between two pairs so it's a bit different)

Nice photo too. Just looks at it make me want to share music with my wife haha.

Now if only Apple allow us to share music between a pair of AirPod..