[Sharing] JavaScript Image Carousel Scripts

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by angelwatt, Sep 8, 2009.

1. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

JavaScript Image Carousels:

I don't generally post much of my own stuff, but these scripts were started here at Mac Rumors for some members, so I thought people might like to see them. They were a touch on the crude side when originally created them, and so I took some time recently to revamp them and increase their stability and functionality.

Image Carousel 1 was originally done for this thread from nearly a year ago. It creates a carousel viewer with controls on the sides to control the scrolling of the carousel.

Image Carousel 2 was done for this thread, also about a year ago. It gives an auto-scrolling carousel that can be controlled through JavaScript calls, and handles different sized images better than version 1.

Both scripts are free to use. They work on all (as in the most common) browsers, even IE6. If you have any questions about implementing them just let me know, either through this thread or through my web site. If you have ideas for further features you'd like to see in them, just let me know. I'll take any recommendations under consideration and work on it when I have time. I know there are now other image carousel scripts that look pretty good too, but I think I created one of the first ones and my scripts tend to be fairly easy to implement in comparison to others.

Anyways, enjoy.

2. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Very very clever ;). Nice of you to share with us buddy :D. Much appreciated.

3. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

Oh I like the second one. If would be nice for it to have a reset button to take the speed and direction back to the defaults for the user.

4. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

Excellent, thanks for sharing! As ever, you're an all-around nice guy everyone likes ;)

(always wondered where the name came from...)

5. angelwatt thread starter Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

That wouldn't take too much effort, just a couple variables to hold the defaults and a function to change it back.

Glad you guys like it. I know it's not something there's a huge need for, but it is kind of fun. Another feature I'm thinking of adding is to be able to add spacing between the images, which some would like if the images being used aren't continuous like I have in the examples. I'm also thinking of allowing a way to link individual images. This would be helpful for those using product images that the user can click on and be shown a full size version or simply go to another page. That feature would take a little more effort though.

Yea, a lot of people seem to think my name is actually Angel. Not that I can blame them, my screen name is rather unique, which is another reason I like it.

6. herringtown macrumors newbie

nice....

...I've been looking for a carousel that can handle different sized images. Looking forward to checking this out, thanks!