Sharing keyboard and mouse between G5 iMac and Intel Sierra Mac

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Dicere, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Dicere macrumors newbie

I've tried teleport, which used to work without any problems when I was using Intel Lion and PPC Leopard - not happening now. I've tried Synergy, swapping client and server - not happening. I tried connecting the two computers via ethernet - the systems still don't see each other. I got all excited when I saw that Symless had a "universal" application of Synergy they were maintaining - I paid my money over and (now having access to their help forum) discovered their Mac client was 'universal' to users of 10.9 and up. I got a little bit snarky when I wrote my refund demand. I did try mixing their application on Sierra with the PPC client on Leopard before exercising my snark, but still nothing happening.
    I am officially out of ideas, except for rolling my MacMini back to Snow Leopard, getting teleport set up and rebuilding from there, but what a job! Please help?
    --- Post Merged, Feb 28, 2017 ---
    I should have added, I am open to the idea of a KVM physical switch, but I'd like a recommended one for PPC macs before shelling out. My desk is driving me nuts - I keep reaching for the wrong keyboard :(

Attached Files:

2. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

I use Teleport between all my Macs, and I believe I can help!

Try using Teleport v 1.0.2, which works on Intel Macs, but is compatible with the older versions as well. The reason for this is because v 1.2 is actually an application now, instead of a pref pane. I've tested this on El Cap, as well as with Sierra, and using it between PPCs on 10.3, 10.4, and 10.5 (those use v 1.0.1). :)

The site is here: http://www.abyssoft.com/software/teleport/
    And the download is here: http://www.abyssoft.com/software/teleport/downloads/teleport102.zip

3. Dicere thread starter macrumors newbie

You are a sodding genius. I cleaned out the system caches on both machine with Onyx (just to get rid of the tangle of stuff I had tried and failed with) reinstalled Sierra on the macmini from the app store (which gave me time to henna my hair, so not a bad thing) replaced the ethernet cable linking the two machines just in case, rebooted both machines and with bated breath installed the preference panes on both machines - and blow me down if it didn't work perfectly. 1.02 was the answer. If you don't mind me going full ocker, you little ripper!
    (I genuinely grew up with people saying things like that. My dad was senior wrangler on a horse stud when I was born. Australian slang sounds as fake as hell, but it really did exist.)
    So happy. I've been grumpy all day trying to get this to work.

4. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

No problem! Glad it worked just like a charm for you. :)