Sharing Live Photos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stanw, Sep 25, 2015.

1. stanw macrumors 6502a

How do you share Live Photos? I've tried sending them to another 6S user via messages and email and when downloaded they do not work as Live Photos.

2. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Mine have sent just fine. Sent one to a co-worker with a 6 and it worked on theirs as well.

3. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Interesting, mine didn't work on my wife's 6. How did your receiver activate it? By touching the pic?

4. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Tapping for full screen within iMessage, then tapping and holding on the photo. I actually forgot they had sound and was glad I wasn't jamming out to anything embarrassing when I took the photo in the car, just some good ol' reggae, haha.

5. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Cool thanks, I'll try it out.
    I downloaded the photo to her album and tried to tap and hold but it didn't work on her 6. Can you tell me if that works for you?

6. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

How about posting live photos to the forum. Would that work?

7. iBreatheApple, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015

iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Not sure if you're serious or not, but no. It's Apples own "file format" of sort. Really it's combining a photo and a video to make Live Photos.

I want to know how it handles movement of the file, though. Can I email a live photo? If so, does that mean photos are not sent as .JPEG? If not, what are they sent as and how will other devices or PCs be able to read the file - as only a mere photo? I'm trying to relate it to HDR. If you move that photo to say, a PC. It's just a pic. But there's something (metadata? I don't know) about the file that allows the phone to see its an HDR and apply that little signifying tag on the camera roll. But with Live Photos we have two files handled by Apple as "one". Someone ELI5, lol.

Oh, and, this capture from Apple shows that live photos should be viewable.

Attached Files: