Sharing media with client question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by nateo200, Oct 10, 2013.

1. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

So I recently shot an event and did allot of video....about 10gigs worth...the client just called me and asked if I would be willing to share my footage and do a short edit for a website. It was a local festival and I guess the editing house is a bit slower than he'd like. He wants to look at all the footage I got but he is pretty busy....I haven't even began to cut the video its still in individual clips and I want to share over the internet. What would be the best way? I was thinking drop all the footage in a timeline then convert it all to a sort of Proxy version in low bit rate H.264 with timecode burned into it and have the client give me specific time ranges that he wants used in the short clip and sent to the editing house. He has a drop box so but the problem is I have really slow internet, my uplink speeds are pretty horrendous...I live across the street from my old highschool and they have fiber backhaul so I suppose I could borrow their internet for the uplink? Not sure...Any suggestions from anyone?

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

I f you are fine with showing raw footage to a client and the only issue is Internet speed then burn to a DVD and ship it over night via FedEx