Sharing multiple images at the same time through Dropbox

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by kat.hayes, Jan 16, 2013.

1. kat.hayes macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to share multiple pictures at the same time through Dropbox? Currently, I am doing it by long pressing on each photo and going to share.
    I'd like a way to add checkmarks to multiple images and just share them once by typing in an email address once.

Thanks.

2. kevinof macrumors 6502a

Doesn't dropbox now have albums? - drop the images into the folder and then share the album.

3. unlinked macrumors 6502a

- select pictures (2nd from left at the top)
    - long press on first image (press and hold)
    - tap additional images
    - press share icon (3rd from right at top)

4. kat.hayes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Also forgot to mention I'm using a Note 2.

I made a folder (maybe it is called an album also?), though if I want to share a hundred images I still need to long press each image, and select to move it into the folder/album that I want to share. I don't see a way to just add checkmarks to lots of images at a time and move them all into the folder/album. is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

----------

long pressing on the first image just brings up the contextual menu and pressing on the next image makes the menu disappear.

5. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Weird.
    Are you sure you selected the image tab first? It displays the images in a matrix 3 images per row instead of the usual file view.

6. kat.hayes thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK, now I see matrix 3 image per row, however, when I long press an image nothing happens. There are no checkboxes added, and when I let go of the image after long pressing it, it just opens. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

7. kat.hayes thread starter macrumors 6502a

My version had album view but no checkboxes, I just upgraded and it works.

Thank you.