sharing purchased apps through two authorized accounts??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oftheheavens, Jul 24, 2008.

1. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I have a macbook and my wife has a pc, but we both have iphones. we have authorized each others accounts one each computer, but how do we actually see the purchased items on the other computer? I know that all previous bought won't show up and most be transfered via external HD or whatever. But for stuff purchased after authorizing accounts, how do we actually share them?

thanks

2. alexeym macrumors newbie

We share apps just by syncing iPhones on each others macs. Just check that you're syncing applications only.

3. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

if they are on two separate accounts i don't think it's possible. why not have one itunes account? you can authorize up to 5 computers and multiple iphones/ipods.

4. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

cause we don't want all of each others music and stuff. So in order to get each others stuff we are going to have to use an external HD back and forth or what?

we want to share apps and movies but not music.

5. dmn8 macrumors member

In iTunes on Machine 1 locate the app file and copy it to Machine 2 and drag it into the iTunes library. Under applications double click on the application and it will ask you to authorize the machine for that user if you haven't already.

After that it will sync.

6. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

7. AFPoster macrumors 65816

8. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

so you are saying use an external device to tranfer over all new and old purchased stuff right? that is what you mean by copy? because my wifes pc doesnt show up on my mac to just copy and paste over.