Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larryleveen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
While Screen Sharing to remotely control my elderly mom's Mac, I initiated a FaceTime call with a relative so they could catch up. I can hear my mom talking but not our relative even though my mom can hear them fine.

Is there any way to share INCOMING sound on her Mac with me?

Cyby-CyberDog

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2021
Yes, you can share your screen and audio during a FaceTime call. To do this, you will need to start a FaceTime call with the person or people you want to share with, and then follow these steps:

1. During the call, tap the "Screen" icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  2. Select "Share Entire Screen" or "Share Selected Window" from the menu that appears.
  3. If you choose to share a selected window, click on the window that you want to share.
This will share your screen and audio with the other person or people on the call. Keep in mind that you will need to have the screen sharing feature enabled on your device in order to use this feature. You can enable screen sharing in the FaceTime settings on your device.

larryleveen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Yes, you can share your screen and audio during a FaceTime call. To do this, you will need to start a FaceTime call with the person or people you want to share with, and then follow these steps:

1. During the call, tap the "Screen" icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  2. Select "Share Entire Screen" or "Share Selected Window" from the menu that appears.
  3. If you choose to share a selected window, click on the window that you want to share.
This will share your screen and audio with the other person or people on the call. Keep in mind that you will need to have the screen sharing feature enabled on your device in order to use this feature. You can enable screen sharing in the FaceTime settings on your device.
I'm not sure you understood my question so let me clarify — I am using the Screen Sharing application (launched via Messages) to remotely control my mom's Mac — during this, sound is transmitted back and forth allowing us to communicate. Then I placed a FaceTime call to a relative however during that call, I could only hear my Mom but not our relative, even though my mom could hear both of us fine. I wanted to hear both of them. Is there any way to do that without initiating a FaceTime call that includes me? I was hoping to only use Screen Sharing. Thanks.

Cyby-CyberDog

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2021
I reread your question and I don't I fully understand what you want to achieve! But maybe this is what you aiming for:
______
Yes, you can use screen sharing with video and audio and add a FaceTime call at the same time on an Apple device. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Start a FaceTime call with the person you want to share your screen with.
  2. During the call, tap the "Screen" button in the FaceTime controls.
  3. Choose "Start Sharing" to share your screen with the other person.
  4. To add a FaceTime call while screen sharing, tap the "Add Person" button in the FaceTime controls and select the person you want to add to the call.
This will allow you to have a FaceTime call with multiple people and share your screen with them at the same time. The other people on the call will be able to see and hear everything that happens on your screen and will be able to control your screen if you give them control.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.