Sharing three monitors, mouse and KB between a Mac and PC?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Think, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Think macrumors member

Think

Hello everybody,

I'll soon be switching from PC to mac, but I currently run my entire business from my PC so I will be using it concurrently with the Mac while I ease into the transition.

How can I share the same Mouse, Keyboard, and three monitors between them both? (One monitor is 2560x1600, the other two are 1920x1200 if that matters.)

Also, for you Mac guru's in the forum, what's the best video card combination value for the Mac Pro to support these screens?

2. noi375 macrumors member

I am not sure about dual-link DVI switch boxes, since you are passing along a lot of data at high frequency. Keyboard/mouse switch boxes aren't a problem, as I used one before and it worked fine (as long as they are mac compatible). If you have three panels or monitors, and only need to hook up 1 of them to the mac, then as long as you have a spare DVI port on the panel, you can just hook up your mac to that and just switch port on panel when switching between mac and PC.

3. DarkAmeba macrumors newbie

Synergy is an open source program for sharing keyboard and mouse across platforms. In my opinion, better than a KVM