Sharing to Facebook in macOS Mojave

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by spencecb, Oct 24, 2018.

1. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Am I completely missing something, or did Apple remove the ability to share things to Facebook from the Share menu? I went to the Chicago Botanic Garden this morning and took about 250 pictures and went to use Photos to upload them to Facebook when I got home, only to find that that can no longer be done.

I also just tried to share a website from Safari using the Share menu, and it will no longer share to Facebook, either.

Have I missed something?

2. alexclst macrumors member

alexclst

Yes, Apple removed all 3rd-party social network integrations. It is now the responsibility of each social network to provide this functionality. I think that’ll work out next year when developers can ship iOS apps on the Mac, but that leaves us lacking this useful feature all of this year.

3. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

That is incredibly frustrating. Mainly because of how freaking annoying it is to upload a picture to Facebook to begin with, since you can not (easily) browse the file system of the Photos app.

4. ethnae macrumors newbie

ethnae

Can't describe how frustrated I am that social networks have been removed from the share menu.:mad:

5. tr4pst4rs macrumors newbie

tr4pst4rs

Apple skrewed us this time :( i was trying to do the same thing...400+ pics down the drain, now its all through the website. :(