Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spencecb

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
Am I completely missing something, or did Apple remove the ability to share things to Facebook from the Share menu? I went to the Chicago Botanic Garden this morning and took about 250 pictures and went to use Photos to upload them to Facebook when I got home, only to find that that can no longer be done.

I also just tried to share a website from Safari using the Share menu, and it will no longer share to Facebook, either.

Have I missed something?

Reactions: tr4pst4rs

alexclst

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2007
Saint Paul, MN
Yes, Apple removed all 3rd-party social network integrations. It is now the responsibility of each social network to provide this functionality. I think that’ll work out next year when developers can ship iOS apps on the Mac, but that leaves us lacking this useful feature all of this year.

spencecb

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
Yes, Apple removed all 3rd-party social network integrations. It is now the responsibility of each social network to provide this functionality. I think that’ll work out next year when developers can ship iOS apps on the Mac, but that leaves us lacking this useful feature all of this year.

That is incredibly frustrating. Mainly because of how freaking annoying it is to upload a picture to Facebook to begin with, since you can not (easily) browse the file system of the Photos app.

tr4pst4rs

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2018
Am I completely missing something, or did Apple remove the ability to share things to Facebook from the Share menu? I went to the Chicago Botanic Garden this morning and took about 250 pictures and went to use Photos to upload them to Facebook when I got home, only to find that that can no longer be done.

I also just tried to share a website from Safari using the Share menu, and it will no longer share to Facebook, either.

Have I missed something?
Apple skrewed us this time :( i was trying to do the same thing...400+ pics down the drain, now its all through the website. :(

Reactions: maverick28
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.