Sharing Wifi/Airport with Macbook and Iphone problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by paynay, Nov 18, 2010.

1. paynay macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

So I have the 2010 White Unibody 2.4Ghz Macbook and the airport works perfectly fine whether I am at home, the library, school, etc. The problem I am having with it is when I am at home and using the airport, and my iPhone is also connected to the same network, the wifi will work on my iPhone but will stop working on my Macbook. It still shows I am connected but it will not connect to any webpages. As soon as I turn off the Wifi on my iPhone and refresh the page on my Macbook, it will load. Is there anything I can do to fix this. By the way, My Toshiba laptop has no problem with using Wifi the same time my iPhone is connected to it, my Macbook is the only one having problems.

Currently, I have to keep my macbook connected through Ethernet to avoid these problems.
    Thanks

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

You need to make sure both are using DHCP in system preferences. Most likely they are both trying to grab the same ip address.

3. paynay thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there anyway I can change the settings if this is the case? Sorry, I am not too familiar with how airport/wifi works.