Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chriscon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Hi,

I work in a small ad agency and we have a network of 3 macs. We can access all the work by using dropboxes but i cant seem to get the permissions correct, every time i get a file which has been worked on by another mac i have do a save as, to my desktop because i dont have sufficient priviledges or the file says it is locked.

It is only my mac which has this problem, the other macs can copy the files onto their desktop and save fine from my mac....so i think it is a permissions prob, just cant put my finger on how to fix??

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

chriscon

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
Drill down to the dropbox on the computer that has the problem. Then click on the drop box and press cmd-I(apple button and I) then under the heading Ownership & Permissions make sure the details are:

Owner: (your username)
access: Read and Write

Group: (your username)
Write only

Others: Write Only

EDIT: and welcome to macrumors I hope you like the place. :)

chriscon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Hi there,

the thing is I want the other mac to be able to see what they have placed in my drop box, they cant do that now, nor does the job copy into the droop box, at the min i have the permissions on my drop box set at....

OWNER: my mac, Access: Read n write.
GROUP: My mac, Access: Read and write.
OTHERS: Read and write

Another question...do i need to apply to enclosed items each time i change these settings or not?

cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.